Saturday, September 5, 2015

Self deception

One of my favorite topics is deception, especially self deception. How strange that we indulge in ceaseless self deceptions. Every moment, we pretend to ourselves that we are inadequate, incomplete, miserable, need more money, more fame, more importance. How very strange are the countless lies that we constantly tell ourselves.

The biggest lie of all is that I am enlightened. That we know whats going on. That I know whats best for me. That I know what I want to be happy.

For example, I think that I need to be a very knowledgeable person to attain respect from society. That I need a female companion to be complete. That I need to compete and defeat my adversaries to feel fulfilled. That I need a high title to appear successful.

Well, what if I have none of those? What does one really need?
Our only need is food for the body. That is all. Air, water, sunlight are free. Even food can be obtained. Nothing other than this is needed. But people need to feel useful and kept working. Hence we invent all sorts of artificial needs in order to motivate them.

Lets really investigate whats needed. Why do we pursue titles we do not need? Why do we pretend to desire something for false reasons? Why don't we admit the truth?

Survival and reproduction are the only two things the body is interested in. Everything else is artificial and fabricated superimposition. There is really nothing else.

So lets write down our self deceptions:

1. I alone am worthy of enlightenement
2. I alone am worthy of love
3. I alone am worthy of attention
4. I alone am worthy of victory
5. I alone am worthy of success
6. I alone am worthy of liberation

Anyone else who attains the above 5 items is envied.

There is only consciousness. Everything that seems other than consciousness is also consciousness.
Hence there is absolutely nothing to attain or reject.

No comments:

Post a Comment