Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The fundamental knowing

The fundamental fact, that lies behind all other facts, is that I exist and I know that I exist. This comes before all else. Before even considering that which is around you, the first consideration is of your own existence. Nothing is more fundamental. I exist and know that I exist.

This existence of myself and the knowing of it is effortless. It is the only effortless understanding. To know something other than yourself requires some thought/fabrication and hence some effort.

To remain in the effortless knowing of yourself is to just be yourself. You know yourself because you are yourself. It is a knowledge through being. To know something other than yourself is knowledge without being the other thing.

So, self knowing is the fundamental knowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment