Saturday, October 15, 2016

Certainty

To attain mastery over something is an arduous journey. There are many false alarms on the way. Perhaps the biggest obstacle to mastery is the belief that you have already mastered.
The biggest obstacle to knowledge is the belief that you already know.

Is there anything that is absolutely certain.

1. There is something here. Something seems to be happening. And this is known.
2. I know I exist.
3. What I am I do not know. But that existence exists and knows it exists.

Only this is certain. What is seen around, I have no idea. From where do sounds arise I have no idea. From where do thoughts arise I have no idea. From where do I arise I have no idea.

There is only existence knowing that it exists.

Movement is continuous.

What causes motion is unknown.

Existence exists as movement. But is inherently absolutely still.

Information is endless. And continuously changing. It cannot be understood. Because the cause of information is unknown.

We can only 'learn' social conventions and mechanisms. The nature of existence is unknown.

All learning is only of conventions and methodologies. True knowledge is the knowing of existence.

To lead a peaceful life, all that is needed is to avoid folly. To question every assumption. To become aware of the follies of life. Of self deception. Of unquestioned beliefs.

Confusion arises from being caught up in details and is an endless loop. Clarity is inherent. Confusion is created.

Lack of self control leads to confusion. Less is more.

Clarity is knowing emptiness.

Is that which is incompetent?

2 comments:

  1. Exactly what has been going on in my thoughts...u captured the essence.. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what has been going on in my thoughts...u captured the essence.. beautiful

    ReplyDelete