Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Change

Where am I heading? This is a question that I ask myself very often. And find that the answers are not always the same. Being at home, apparently 'doing nothing' I often find myself thinking about meaning and purpose. I also think sometimes that what is it that I really value. And does what I value today change tomorrow or does it remain constant? At a personal level, I believe that it is important to contribute. Either working or teaching or helping. I personally enjoy teaching and discussing ideas. Writing is something I have just discovered. What I have observed is that people have a tendency to cling to the way things are. Although change is the nature of life, people take great pride in the fact that they have remained the same over years, their way of life is still the same. I think we are all afraid of change. Even if things are not very nice at present, atleast we know how they are. Atleast there is a small certainty. Willing change is very difficult to conceive. But since change is the nature of life, people have to accept change unwillingly even if it is sometimes for their own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment